What to do if you are in an accident:
Even the most careful drivers may be involved. Knowledge of what to do after the accident can make the experience a little less frightening and decrease the chance of unnecessary complications.
After an Accident:
- Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles.
- Make note of specific damages to all vehicles involved.
- Write down the names, addresses and license numbers of persons
- involved in the accident. Also, write a description of the other vehicles.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Jot down names and addresses of anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- This can prevent disagreement concerning how the accident actually happened.
Other things you should know:
- Contact Ace Auto Collision prior to the other insurance company recommending a shop to take your vehicle.
- Write down details about the accident, the location, and circumstances such as weather conditions and visibility.
- Notify your insurance agent about the accident immediately.
- DON’T sign any document unless it is for the police or your insurance agent